As more and more printers are coming into the market, it has become much easier to print wirelessly. But the seamless and easy to conduct task to connect HP printer to a laptop could be challenging for native users. Thus, we have come up with the step by step process to connect your new HP printer to the laptop wirelessly. In case if you still face any issues regarding the set-up process then, you can directly dial HP customer support number +1-855-219-8503 for immediate help.
to set up your printer to the laptop wirelessly
There are generally three ways to connect
your HP printer to the laptop:
Printing through the network printer.
Sharing the printer between window laptops and computers.
Sharing a printer between Mac laptops and computers.
In this blog, we will explain the first way
of connecting an HP printer to laptop and printing through the network printer.
Printing through the network printer
1: Connect your printer to the home network
The process of connecting to the home network differ from one laptop to another. As you are using HP printer you can connect wirelessly. To do this, you will need to connect with the wireless network. You have to select your SSID (network name) and enter the password in case if it is protected. You can take reference from experts. All you have to do is a ring at the HP customer service number +1-855-219-8503.
2: Connect to the network printer
Once you have successfully installed your
HP printer on the network the very next thing you need to do is connect it to
your laptop. These instructions work for all versions of window laptops and
- Open up the control panel
through the star menu. Those who are using window 8 can press the window key
and type “control panel” to directly access it.
- Click on the devices and printers.
- Click on “add the printer”
- If you are not a window 8 user
then, you may need to select “add the network, Bluetooth or Wireless printer”.
- Select your HP printer from the
available list. After this, just follow the prompts to install the drivers.
3: Start printing from your newly-installed printer
Once the new HP printer has been successfully added to the operating system of your laptop, you can start printing anything you want. However, if you are facing difficulties while connecting your HP printer to your laptop then you can contact the professionals at the customer support number+1-855-219-8503. They will assist you through the entire process again.
Check your printer. If you want to print wirelessly from your laptop, you have two basic options when it comes to installing an HP printer: You can either install a network printer that connects directly to your home network, or you can share a printer that is connected to another computer on your network. The option you choose will likely be dictated by the connections that your printer supports, as well as your home network setup.
- Most modern Hp printers will connect to your home’s wireless network. Some network printers can only connect via Ethernet cable. Older printers or budget printers will likely need to be connected to a computer via USB and then shared on the network.
Examine your network and needs. Printers that are connected directly to the network can typically be easily accessed by both Windows and Mac laptops. Printers that are connected to a computer and then shared on the network are easily accessed by computers running the same operating system family (Windows-to-Windows or Mac-to-Mac), but get a little trickier when sharing across operating systems. Since it requires fairly different steps.
- Installing the printer directly to the network is almost always the better choice if possible. Not only does it allow for easier connectivity, but it also means that the printer is constantly available. If you are sharing a printer that’s connected to another computer, that computer will need to be turned on in order to access the printer.
Printing to a Network Printer
Connect your printer to your home network. The process for this will vary from printer to printer.
- If you are connecting your printer via Ethernet, connect the Ethernet port on the printer to an open port on your router or network switch. This is typically all you’ll need to do for an Ethernet printer.
- If you are connecting a wireless HP printer, you’ll need to use the printer’s display screen to connect to your wireless network. You’ll need to select your wireless SSID (network name) and enter the password if it is secured. The exact process will vary depending on the printer, so refer to your documentation for exact instructions.
Connect to the network printer (Windows). Once the HP printer is installed on the network, you can connect to it from your laptop. These instructions work for all versions of Windows.
- Open the Control Panel. You can access it from the Start menu. Windows 8 users can press the ⊞ Win key and type “control panel”.
- Select “Devices and Printers” or “View devices and printers”.
- Select “Add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer”. Windows 8 users will not need to select anything.
- Select your network printer from the list of available printers. Follow the prompts to install the drivers automatically. If Windows cannot find the correct drivers, you may need to download them from the printer manufacturer’s support site.
Connect to the network printer (Mac). Once the printer is installed on the network, you can connect to it from your laptop. These instructions work for all versions of OS X. Note that the network printer must support AirPrint or Bonjour (nearly all modern network printers do).
- Click the Apple menu and select “System Preferences”.
- Select the “Print & Scan” option from the System Preferences menu.
- Click and hold the “+” button at the bottom of the list of installed printers.
- Select your network printer from the list of nearby printers. If your printer isn’t listed, you may need to download the software from the printer manufacturer’s support site first.
- Click the Download & Install button if it appears. While OS X comes with the software for most printers already installed, your printer may require additional software from Apple. If it does, you will be prompted to download it after adding the printer.